- Date: Monday 4 - Tuesday 5 September, 2017
- Location: Western Lecture Theatre, Business School, University of Leeds
This discussion meeting will focus on the development and status of the field of dynamic and static light scattering applied to a variety of materials and questions within soft matter. A particular emphasis will be placed on light scattering techniques developed for the investigation of turbid systems where multiple scattering becomes significant. The use of light scattering to study materials based on polymers, colloids, and liquid crystals, and many other soft composite systems will be covered and applications important to industry e.g. within the food, energy, agriculture and household care area will be discussed. The meeting aims at a broad audience from both academia and industry and is organised to facilitate discussions and sharing of knowledge and ideas.
- Prof. Stefan Egelhaaf (University of Dusseldorf, Germany)
- Prof. Martin Copic (University of Ljubljana, Slovenia)
- Dr. Andrea Vaccaro (LS-Instruments, Switzerland)
- Prof. Raffaele Mezzenga (ETH-Zurich, Switzerland)
- Dr. Erika Eiser (University of Cambridge, U.K.)
- Prof. Alex Lips (University of Edinburgh, U.K.)
- Dr. Alex Malm (Malvern Instruments, U.K.)
- Dr. Vincent Martinez (University of Edinburgh, U.K.)
Information: The programme and general information will be available on the EventBrite page.
Registration: There is no attendance fee for this meeting, but there are a limited number of spaces available, so meeting attendance requires a formal on-line registration by 25 August.